Check Here For Current June 2020 Update
May 3, 2020
Dear Dental Family and Friends,
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming a “new” normal. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our constant commitment to your safety.
As you have seen during your visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive both safe and comfortable. We are working hard now to insure your confidence in us.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Governor Brown has allowed us to reopen our dental office May 1, 2020. We will be seeing a limited number of patients who need more urgent care in May and resume seeing more routine care and dental cleanings June 1. We are going to take this opening seriously and slowly. Please call to schedule for appointments for June if your appointment has been canceled or you have dental work that needs to be addressed.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some changes along with our strict infection control protocols. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you ahead of your appointment to ask some screening questions and ask you to brush your teeth before coming and wear a mask to your appointment. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Before entering the office, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer which we will supply and take your temperature.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other items which cannot be properly disinfected. You are encouraged to bring your own iPad, reading materials, etc. We will ask you to hand sanitize your hands before entering the bathroom if you need to use it.
- At this point we ask you wait in your car and we will call or text when we are ready to bring you directly to the treatment area. If you do not have a cell phone or are not coming by car, you are of course welcome to wait in our reception room which has been arranged for social distancing. If you come with someone, they can help you come into the office but have them wait in the car for you. A parent of a child can wait in our reception area.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We ask you to wear your mask throughout your appointment when we are not working in your mouth. We also would like to ask you to try to minimize the amount of talking without your mask on.
- For all dental appointments needing the use of a handpiece, we will be placing a rubber dam to minimize aerosol coming from the mouth. We will also have eye and nose protection and a cape to cover your body during your appointment.
- Currently, we will not be using the ultrasonic scaler or polishing after dental cleanings to reduce aerosols from the mouth. The most critical part of any dental cleaning is the hand scaling with our hand instruments, checking the health of your teeth and gums and evaluating your oral hygiene care at home. Although I encourage you to come in, I know there will be some of you that will hesitate to come in for your routine dental cleanings so diligent home oral care, being mindful of your diet, acidic beverage intake and how often you are eating throughout your day is very important. We have faithfully educated you in home care in the past. We encourage you to practice what we have taught you.
· Initially, front office staff will call ahead of your appointment to discuss estimated costs and arrange how you can make your payments. This way we will minimize your contact with people outside of your direct care providers.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will start scheduling routine dental appointments June 1, 2020. To make an appointment, please call our office at 503-287-0072 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being our patient and friend. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends in the safest way possible. In the meantime, if you need any products like rinses, prescription strength toothpastes, electric toothbrushes, or brush heads to help keep your mouth healthy, let us know. We have some in stock.
Dr. May Chang and Dr. Kiran Mistry
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.
May M. Chang, DDS
1744 NE 42nd Ave
Portland, OR 97213